Student Conduct Expectations
- We are respectful of one another.
- To allow optimal learning for all please limit cell phone usage during rehearsal, tech and performances. Please do not use them unless necessary and discussed with a director; however, phones may be used for taking notes.
- We must honor the facilities in which we rehearse or perform.
- Bullying behavior (whether physical, emotional, or verbal, including social media, text, etc.), and promotion of behavior contrary to a respectful manner of others, will not be tolerated.
- No public displays of affection at MAKE Greatness, including hand-holding, kissing, embracing and/or other physical fraternization.
- We believe in freedom and accept consequences for our choices.
- Any controlled-substances found on MAKE Greatness premises will be confiscated and, if illegal, turned over to the McKinney Police with appropriate names and information regarding the confiscation.
- No smoking or e-cigarettes on the MAKE Greatness premises, including in vehicles. If found, the cigarettes or entire unit may be confiscated and disposed of without repayment or return.
- No weapons, including pocket knives, are allowed at MAKE Greatness.
- No rough housing, running or talking loudly.
- Students are to be in designated areas only and may not loiter in the bathroom. If found in a restricted area they will be given a discipline notice.
- No gum is allowed at MAKE Greatness.
- We love one another even when someone makes mistakes.
- The role of each student is to encourage and support their peers. Students should not critique one another and leave all critiques to the directors.
- We love art, culture, and learning.
- Participate, engage and enjoy the process.
- Bring all required supplies to rehearsal. Pencil, script, water, etc.
- We balance hard work and fun.
- Fulfill your commitment to learning the blocking, choreography and vocals.
- Snacks are allowed for a rehearsal over 2 hours; however, we ask that snacks are not shared with their peers and must only be eaten when given permission.
- We choose activities that make us smarter, stronger, kinder, more creative and closer to God.
- Please keep conversations wholesome and supportive of Godly character.
- MAKE Greatness does not comply with the Directive from the Federal government in regards to transgender bathroom use. Students and parents are required to use the bathroom facility that corresponds to their gender on their birth certificate.
- Dress and groom oneself in a way that honors and brings you respect. Guideline: Modesty
- >No clothing that is revealing, see-through, or skin tight on top, middle, or bottom.
- >Shorts, skirts, and dress hemlines, and tops worn over leggings, must have adequate coverage.
- >All clothing must cover undergarments; in addition, no spaghetti strap tank tops.
- >No clothing with inappropriate, illegal, or immoral designs.
- >Dress code violations will result in a student being asked to change or leave MAKE Greatness premises until they are dressed appropriately.
- Communication is of the utmost importance. Please allow us insight on any struggles, challenges or concerns that you or your student may experience. We are here to serve and support you all. We cannot fix what we do not know. Please keep us in the loop and allow us the opportunity to serve you during the journey.